Sunday, 16 June 2013

That First Kiss - Author Interview & My Review.(*)




 Interview with J.C Valentine

Have you always written or was it something you fell into?
I’ve been writing since I was a kid, but I kind of forgot about it in favor of being a teenager and, eventually, a wife and mother. I rediscovered my love for telling stories about four years ago and it’s just sort of taken off since then.

What gets you through some of the longer hours of writing? I know for me, it would be a good cup of tea.
Actually, tea is my go-to method of coping, too! I am also a snacker, so I usually have something sweet, like Jolly Ranchers, or something salty, like chips, on hand to keep me seated for the duration.

What was your favourite part to write & why?
For me, I loved the club scene when Piper and Tate are dancing with one another. There is something about a note of mystery that lends an incredible dose of sensuality to it. At least to my way of thinking anyway. Plus, I had to really slow down and place myself in the scene mentally to make sure hands were in the right places and the tension was high enough to scorch.

Who is your favourite author and favourite style of books?
I have so many favorite authors that it makes it difficult to name just one, but if I had to pin it down, I would say J.R. Ward has been a consistent favorite—she never fails to please!

Before I go I would like to thank you for taking the time to have me on your blog and introducing me to your readers! ~JC

Now, onto my review.
Synopsis
Mercurial and charming, Tate Larson is a rising author and playboy who has a different woman on his arm every night of the week. Focused on his work, Tate has no plans to settle down any time soon. That is until he meets his pretty new assistant, Piper Donovan.

Desperate to escape the promise of backwater living, Piper ditched her Alabama hometown and never looked back. That was almost two years ago. Now that she is out of a job and her bank account is running on fumes, she’s desperate to find a job, fast. She finds the break she is searching for when she lands a position at Bookish Temptations. A little dancing and a lot of drinks with the girls seem the perfect way to celebrate. After a brief but explosive encounter with a man she was never supposed to see again turns out to be the same man she will be bending over backwards to please, her every instinct tells her to run. But when running means leaving the life she has struggled so hard to create, Piper decides her only option is to continue working for the devastatingly sexy Tate Larson...even if it kills her.

Unable to deny their growing attraction, they struggle to keep their distance in a relationship that requires anything but.

*This book is intended for mature audiences.
 

Review
I bloody loved this, however Piper & Tate were the most frustrating characters, i found myself wanted to bang their heads together, it was so well written. I found the characters had a life of their own and made it seem more than a novel. I think their personalities were so well written that they complimented and clashed brilliantly, in fact i got a bit too attached to them. I found Tate a typical angsty, hot headed beautiful man that at times i adored and othertimes found such depths of dislike i could only imagine what Piper felt. I loved the introduction as well, it made for a refreshing change to see women out to get "laid" as it were. I totally agree with the author that the dancefloor scene is one of my favourite. I would most certainly reccomend this to any fans of this genre.

Rating 9/10
Youtube 
here

No comments:

Post a Comment