Saturday 29 July 2017

Reader Problems Book Tag

I have seen this going around & fancied mixing it up on my blog abit, i mean I've done alot of reviews lately and i thought a tag could be fun. I am not sure where this originated from so i cant give them credit! (let me know if you do!) & I mostly tag anyone who wants to do this.




On with the questions

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I constantly never know what to read next, if i have a review due then i try to bump them up my TBR but i try to mix in what i want to read for pleasure. I have a massive netgalley TBR so i am currently picking from those. If i have picked up a book that i am desperate to read though that could easily take over all my other reading!


2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I always try and finish a book, because i have found ones that are just real slow and everything kicks in at the end. I do sometimes just put it down for a while and have a break before restarting, or restart it all together. It is very rare that i give up on a book altogether 


3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I haven't completed my challenge in about 4 years now, so i lowered it this year and i am right on track. However, if i found i was getting further away, i would set aside more reading time or go for a reading challenge, say read 5 days straight because i find that way i purposely make time to read.


4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
It depends if i own them or all and one is different, i would cope and then eventually down the line purchase matching covers.  It doesn't bother me alot of the time but if it is something i am interested in - i do sulk.

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I put the book away, well - if it is a busy public place, if its like quiet i might just get on with it & try and hold the tears in and pray that i am not hysterical snot crying.


7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
Not usually, i find it really hard to re read a book, i always used too. Instead i now go on to netgalley and read spoiler reviews of the prior novel to jog my memory of what happened and that works for me.


8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I don't mind people borrowing my books but if it was an instance where i was i would just pretend i forget the request (because half the time its not pretend i do forgot) 

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I am not good with a reading slump, and i often just wait for it to pass. However i do like for massively  hyped books to try and fix it.


10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
All of them! No, i usually wait to see if i can get them on a good deal depending how much i want them, some i will buy regardless but if i can pick them up on offer then - BONUS


11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
A while, i try and keep them out so i remember to read them or put them next to my bed. Sometimes though things get piled up and i forget and then hello 2 years later!

I tag anyone that fancies doing this
Link me if you do, i would love to see your answers 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top